Soft Tissue Surgery
Soft tissue surgeries are performed daily at VCA Stoney Creek Animal Hospital. During surgery, all patients are carefully evaluated by skilled technicians using advanced heart and blood pressure monitoring equipment. Surgical patients are maintained on intravenous fluids to help maintain blood pressure and support kidney function. Specialized warming blankets are utilized during and after surgery to maintain proper body temperature and make our patients comfortable during anesthetic recovery. Appropriate pain relief medications are used to help insure that all patients are comfortable during the post-operative period.
Soft tissue surgeries include all surgeries that do not involve bone. Examples of common soft tissue procedures include, but are not limited to the following:
Soft tissue animal surgeries may include:
- Lump Removals
- Laceration repair
- Spay & Neuter
- Cesarean section for dogs and cats that have difficulty with normal delivery of puppies or kittens
- Urinary bladder stone removal
- Intestinal surgery for foreign body retrieval of ingested items, gastropexy to permanently adhere the stomach to the body wall for prevention of GDV (gastric dilatation and volvulus) or intestinal biopsy.
- Eyelid surgery for growths, entropion (inverted eyelids) or "cherry eye" (prolapsed gland of the 3rd eyelid)
- Upper airway surgery for stenotic nares (“pinched” nostrils) and elongated soft palate surgery for "at risk" breeds such as bulldogs.
Come in and ask for a tour of our hospital and surgical suite to see first hand the advanced care that our patients receive.