LOS ANGELES, May 21, 2013 - VCA Animal Hospitals announced that select VCA hospitals in Oklahoma are offering free boarding assistance for small animals, including dogs, cats, birds and pocket pets, whose families have lost their homes or are among those evacuated due to the devastating tornadoes in the state.
“Our thoughts are with the families who have been impacted by this disaster and we are extending free boarding for small family pets that have also been displaced,” said Art Antin, Chief Operating Officer of VCA Animal Hospitals. “We want families to know that their pets can be cared for in a safe environment while they take care of family issues and manage their personal priorities.”
Boarding assistance at participating Oklahoma VCA hospitals is based on space availability. Pets should be current on vaccinations, but in case they are not, VCA veterinarians will update vaccinations free of charge. Pet owners are encouraged to call the nearest VCA hospital for boarding assistance and more information.
The following VCA hospitals are offering free boarding to displaced small animals:
- VCA Owasso Animal Medical Center in Owasso " (918) 272-5986
- VCA Woodland South Animal Hospital in Tulsa " (918) 524-5000
- VCA Veterinary Medical Center in Tulsa " (918) 743-6644
- VCA Woodland Central Animal Hospital in Tulsa - (918) 496-2111
- VCA Kicking Bird Animal Hospital in Edmond " (405) 348-7387
- VCA Woodland Broken Arrow Animal Hospital in Broken Arrow " (918) 258-5579
About VCA Animal Hospitals
VCA operates more than 600 animal hospitals in 41 U.S. states and 3 Canadian provinces. These hospitals are staffed by more than 3,000 fully qualified, dedicated and compassionate veterinarians to give your pet the very best in medical care. Over 400 are board-certified specialists. VCA provides a full range of general medical and surgical services as well as specialized treatments. For more information on VCA Animal Hospitals, please visit www.VCAhospitals.com.
# # #
Agnes Huff, PhD
Agnes Huff Communications Group, LLC
(310) 641-2525 or [email protected]