VCA West Bernardo Animal Hospital is located in the beautiful community of Rancho Bernardo just west of I15 on the corner of Rancho Bernardo Road and Duenda Road. Our hospital is in the Westwood shopping Center with CVS, Taco Bell and the famous Edelweiss Bakery. We can be found directly across from Taco Bell and next to Continental Dry Cleaner.
We are a comfortable, medically full service AAHA accredited veterinary hospital. With 3 skilled and caring veterinarians we provide well pet and sick pet services, for puppies & kittens, adult dogs & cats, senior pets and pocket pets. Our services include complete wellness care, diagnostic and medical care, vaccines, including weekly Preventative Care vaccine Clinics; spay, neuter, and pet dental care; surgeries, digital x-ray, cold laser therapy, ultrasound, laboratory testing, stem cell therapy and house calls. We also provide a comfortable and safe boarding facility, and professional grooming services for dogs and cats. Ask us about CareClub, the wellness plan with easy, affordable monthly payments. We carry Hill's Science & Prescription Diets, Royal Canin therapeutic pet food, and a variety of treats. We work closely with several local rescue groups and animal shelters.
Here at VCA West Bernardo Animal Hospital we care about you and your pet, and will help you take the best possible care of your loveable companion. Dr. David Robbins, Dr. Karen Hackett, and Dr. David Schlereth are knowledgeable and skilled veterinarians, and kind and compassionate individuals. In every case, you'll be served by experienced, knowledgeable and caring members of our staff. We have state licensed veterinary technicians, technician assistants and our friendly front office staff is trained to the highest standards. At VCA West Bernardo Animal Hospital your pet’s health is our top priority and excellent client service is our goal. We have been in the community 25+ years; we are here to serve you.
• VCA Wellness Programs: Allow early detection of disease and help reduce your pets health risks throughout his or her life.
• Diagnostic and therapeutic services: For your pets complete health-care needs.
• Diagnostic imaging: On-site X-ray service provides high-quality radiographs essential for identifying problems that cannot be found by a physical examination.
• Electrocardiography: On-site ECG services, as well as consultations with cardiology specialists.
• Laboratory: In-house laboratory for serum chemistry and hematology for more urgent cases; we also utilize a commercial veterinary laboratory for routine and specialized diagnostics and consultations.
• Pharmacy: A complete inventory of pharmaceuticals, canine and feline heartworm preventatives, prescription diets, vitamins and shampoos.
• Surgery/Dentistry: We are fully equipped to provide routine spaying and neutering, soft tissue surgery, dental evaluations and cleaning. We also provide dental X-rays to thoroughly evaluate crowns and roots of any problem teeth.
• Emergency care: We are fully equipped to handle emergency cases.
• Pain management: Pain can accompany illness, injury, surgery, or chronic condition. Effective pain control is a vital part of caring for your pet and ensuring their comfort, quick recovery, and quality of life.