Vet-Stem Cell Therapy
What is Vet-Stem Regenerative Medicine?
Regenerative medicine uses a concentrated form of autologous adipose-derived adult stem cells to treat traumatic and degenerative diseases, including bowed tendons, ligament injuries, osteoarthritis, and osteochondral defects in dogs. Stem cells are multipotent and can differentiate into tendon, ligament, bone, cartilage, cardiac, nerve, muscle, blood vessels, fat, and liver tissue
Despite its infancy, regenerative medicine is not new. Success in numerous animal models support the rationale for stem cell use, and now success, in veterinary medicine.
Current Uses for Stem Cells
The following conditions have been treated by companion animal veterinarians with reported favorable outcomes:
- Canine osteoarthritis - hip, elbow, knee, shoulder
- Canine immune mediated polyarthritis
- Tendon and Ligament injuries
- Integrated with surgical repair of joints or ligaments
Veterinarians who use Vet-Stem services the most have identified their "perfect case" as a pet with arthritis who meets at least one of the following conditions:
- Is not responding well or can not tolerate pain medication
- Is not a good surgical candidate due to age or health
- Has arthritis identified in one or more joints
- Has immune mediated Polyarthritis
- Is likely to need long term pain medications
- Pet owner prefers a natural therapy
Click here to see trestimonials and news stories about how Vet-Stem is improving pets' lives.