Bathing and Grooming
Bathing and Grooming at
Staten Island Animal Hospital!
In addition to top quality veterinary care, Staten Island Animal Hospital offers a full range of professional services for your pet, including bathing and grooming services at convenient hours, six days a week! Whether a regular grooming, a refreshing bath needed in between groomings, a holiday bath or for all the muddy puddles your pet had to navigate through on walks during bad weather, we can help – just call us to schedule your pet’s appointment.
Staten Island Animal hospital’s grooming staff is highly trained, knowledgeable, experienced and well-equipped with the proper tools to provide your pet’s complete bathing and grooming care with gentleness and compassion. Regular bathing and grooming are an essential part of caring for your pet. While generally performed for aesthetic reasons or to reduce pet hair and dander in the home, even more importantly, bathing and grooming contributes to your pet’s comfort and good health:
- Hair knots, excessive undercoat and matting in dogs and cats alike can produce a great deal of discomfort and bacterial build-up that can lead to skin sores, as well as other skin conditions. Our hospital’s groomers have the proper tools and training to safely and gently remove undercoat, loose hair and cleanse skin for your pet’s comfort and to decrease shedding and dander.
- Untrimmed and overgrown nails can produce pain, infection and have a crippling effect on your pet’s ability to walk. Overgrown nails may break, bleed profusely and become infected or may force your pet to walk on the sides of their pads. Left unchecked this can contribute to arthritis in the legs and hips.
- Waxy/hairy ears with excessive ear debris can lead to bacterial overgrowth and ear canal infection.
- Eye hygiene is an important part of your pet’s care. Crust accumulating from the tear ducts in the corner of your pet’s eyes can cause sores and even infection, particularly if there is a thick crust of debris that is prone to bacterial growth.
- Flea and/or tick bites can contribute to allergy issues, anemia and other health problems. Bathing, grooming (removal of mats that are prone to flea infestations), and flea/tick treatments will protect your pet.
- Pets with itchy skin and allergies can get relief from their discomfort with frequent bathings that will remove allergens from their skin and haircoat.
- Dogs and cats exposed to the elements, i.e. a dog or cat who spends a great deal of time outdoors, regularly pick up debris, such as dirt, gravel, leaf litter, stickers and fox tails in their coats, and bring this debris indoors. For your pet’s comfort and also to keep your home clean, bathing is essential.
- Teeth brushing and cleaning contributes to your pet’s good health. Excessive plaque build-up can lead to infection in the mouth and can also enter the bloodstream affecting your pet’s organs.
- Anal glands can become painfully full in a dog and even impacted if not expressed.
As a full-service veterinary clinic that also offers complete bathing and grooming services, our staff can assist you with all of your pet care needs. Remember, bathing and grooming is not just about good looks, it’s also about keeping your pet comfortable and in good health! Give us a call today at 718-698-1400, and we will be happy to discuss your pet’s individual needs.