Cat vaccinations are critical to the well-being of your cat and to help protect them from potentially deadly infectious diseases. We recommend:
- Giving core cat vaccinations which include panleukopenia, rhinotracheitis, calicivirus and rabies. These core vaccines are recommended for all cats and kittens. A feline leukemia cat vaccination may also be recommended.
- Starting a kitten vaccination schedule between 6 and 9 weeks of age to begin proper lifelong protection.
- Giving two physical examinations with kitten vaccinations every 3 weeks thereafter. This time interval allows for maximum immune response and therefore, the best protection.
- Boostering cats one year after the kitten vaccinations.
- Performing cat vaccinations thereafter every 1 to 3 years (or as recommended by your VCA veterinarian) depending on your cat's lifestyle and risk factors