Our hospital offers counseling for your pet's problem behaviors. Behavioral problems in the pet are the number one reason animals are relinquished from their home. Many of these problems are not a simple training issue and beyond the scope of the local obedience class. Behavior problems can be very troubling and owners can feel powerless when their attempts to intervene fail to resolve these problems. If your pet is exhibiting signs such as aggression, fear, anxiety, phobias, house-soiling or other strange behaviors, you should consult a veterinarian.
Why a Veterinary Behaviorist?
It is important to understand that medical problems can contribute to behavioral problems in an animal. A variety of diseases and pain can cause or contribute to a variety of behavioral changes such as house-soiling, irritability and aggression, anxiety and compulsive behaviors. A veterinary behaviorist also has advanced training in the field of animal behavior and psychology, and able to formulate both a medical and behavioral treatment plan aimed specifically at your pet's individual problem(s).
Here at VCA Mesa Animal Hospital we are lucky to have Dr. Kelly Moffat, a Board Certified Behaviorist, on staff to help with behavior problems in dogs and cats. If you believe you have a dog or cat behavioral case, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Moffat today.
- Appointments are seen at the VCA Mesa Animal Hospital (no house calls at this time) and the protocol is listed under the Forms section.
- Appointments can be made by calling (480) 833-7330. The appointment is 90 minutes long and a $50 deposit is required to hold this appointment block. The deposit is refundable if the appointment is cancelled GREATER than 24 hours in advance.
- Please see the Behavior Consultation Protocol Form below to know what to expect on your first appointment.
- A detailed history of your pet, canine or feline, is also required 24 hours in advance of the appointment or the appointment will be cancelled. See appropriate form below.
- Finally, if your current veterinarian is referring you to our hospital, please have your vet fill out the Veterinarian Referral Form.
Again, call VCA Mesa Animal Hospital today at (480) 833-7330 to get started.