Sue Battel has been a valued member of the VCA Maple Shade Animal Hospital for over 25 years. Her specialized background as a certified behavioral therapist, along with her many years working within the animal hospital, gives her a unique perspective on animal care. Twenty-five years ago Sue apprenticed under three different dog trainers over a course of five years. She was involved in training search and rescue dogs, narcotics and police dogs, and schutzhund training. She even worked with a pure bred wolf for two years.
During this time, Sue began to formulate her own programs based on her philosophy of RESPECT. Sue’s goal for you and your dog is not one that includes submission, fear or domination. Instead, she can help you forge a bond with your pet that most owners could only dream of having. Love, praise, patience and consistency are the hallmarks of her program and the keys to its success. Through a personalized program tailored towards your individual pet’s needs, Sue will teach you how to modify ANY behavioral issues your dog may be having to maximize their success.
- PRIVATE LESSONS- Our private training program is a personalized program designed for behavior modification, as well as a way to teach you how to reach the highest goals you have for your dogs. Some concerns are better dealt with on a one-on-one basis. We teach owners how to be comfortable with- and not embarrassed by- their dog’s behavior at a friend’s house, at home with company or out for a walk. What most owners don’t realize is that serious behavioral problems, such as fearfulness and aggression, CAN be dealt with, so we design our programs for those issues as well. In our private training sessions we set our clients and their best friends up for GREAT success!!!
- AGILITY DOG TRAINING- An advanced level of dog training designed to develop stronger communication levels between dog and owner while teaching both a higher level of teamwork. This eight week program will find your pet mastering dog walks, weave poles, tunnels and much more! Under the guidance of trainer Sue Battel, you will have the opportunity to spend quality time with your pet while channeling his or her behavior in a positive and fun-filled direction.
- CANINE GOOD CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE- Every owner wants to think that their well-trained dog is a good canine citizen. Sue Battel can make sure your dog is ready to take the test and qualify for the AKC Canine Good Citizenship Certification.
- PUPPY CLASSES- Our puppy kindergarten classes are the perfect place to start if you are a first time dog owner or have not raised a puppy for several years. Your puppy will learn basic commands and you will learn helpful tips for housebreaking, chewing and biting. Puppies must be 8-10 weeks old and immunized with their first DHLPP booster. Classes are one hour each over a six week session. It’s the perfect opportunity for your puppy to learn good manners while socializing and playing.
WHAT SETS US APART:
- Our affiliation with a well- respected animal hospital
- You work exclusively with one highly skilled trainer who designed the program- not with apprentices
- Our training program is strictly “on leash” training. Your pets are too precious to risk having them hurt while following their instinct to chase a rabbit into traffic, etc.
- Training takes place in either our climate controlled indoor space or, weather permitting, our fully enclosed outdoor area.
- Hundreds of happy canines and their owners who have trained with Sue and who are enjoying the special bond they forged together
- LET THEM BE DOGS
- LET THEM LIVE LIFE AND ENJOY IT
- YOU CAN NEVER LOVE A DOG TOO MUCH
Feel free to call us with any questions.