Our Pittsburgh Animal Hospital
Our spacious waiting room provides areas for our dog and cat patients to be separated for comfort
VCA Fox Chapel Animal Hospital has baeen taking care of dogs, cats, and exotic pets since the early 1950's when Dr. Jim Swart first opened. The hospital had gone under two expansions and renovations under Dr. Jim Swarts' ownership. In 1980 an outpatient clinic in the Shadyside area of Pittsburgh was opened. In 1996 our hospital experienced an extensive renovation. In 1957 Dr. George Swart partnered with his brother Jim. Dr. George Swart bought the practice in the 1960's and partnered with Dr. Dan Murphy in 1974 and sold the practice to Dr. Murphy in 1987. We joined the VCA family in 1995 and Dr. Murphy worked as medical director until he went part time and designated Dr. Paul Miggins as medical director. The practice through both Dr. Swarts and Dr. Robert Wagner has had a special interest in exotic pet care and did the veterinary work for the Pittsburgh Zoo for over 20 years. The veterinarians and staff of VCA Fox Chapel and Shadyside Animal Hospitals look forward to continuing the tradition of excellent pet care that has been on going at this location for over 50 years.