All pets must be up to date on their vaccinations. We will need proof of vaccines prior to your drop-off date. Vaccines given at a facility other than VCA Bridgeport can either be faxed to us at 717-393-6619 or brought by beforehand. Boarding animals less than five months of age is not recommended because they may not have developed complete immunity.
Our boarding facility requires certain vaccinations to make sure that your pet and other pets are protected while in our care.
The following is a list of required vaccinations:
- Canine Influenza
All pets must have a negative fecal test submitted 6 months prior to boarding. All pets must also bee treated monthly for fleas and ticks. We can administer this medication upon admission for a fee.
We will provide additional walks for your dog for a small fee while in our care.
Leaving personal belongings is allowed but discouraged due to sanitation and orderliness requirements. If you have questions about this, please discuss with the admitting technician.
The facility is not responsible for any items if lost or soiled.
Occasionally pets may develop problems from environmental and dietary changes. Signs may include vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, sneezing and self-trauma such as scratching or biting their skin. We will contact the owner before beginning any course of treatment. Please understand that these conditions can develop and that the hospital is not financially responsible for any treatment.
Please notify us if there is a change of your scheduled pick-up date. If we do not hear from you or are unable to contact you or your authorized agent for a period of 14 days after the scheduled release date, the hospital will consider your pet abandoned. This is in accordance to the animal abandonment laws in our state.
Please be advised that the pet owner will be responsible for the fees accrued and any other fees or legal services incurred by the hospital as a result of the abandonment.
Medical Illness Policy
One of the advantages of boarding your pet(s) at a veterinary hospital is that medical attention is readily available for our guests. If your pet needs medical attention we will call the emergency number that was given to us on admission. If we are unable to contact you, your pet will be treated as we deem necessary, at normal hospital fees. If your pet is currently on medication, please leave the information at check-in. Charges for administering medications are based on the frequency of dosages and the means of administration.
Rates and Payment
Dog boarding rates are based on weight. Other services provided to your pet during boarding are charged at regular cost. Payment in full is expected when your pet is discharged. A deposit is required for first time clients and extended boarding. Rates are calculated on a daily basis. Boarding is charged by the number of days stayed, and charges are updated at closing time.
We realize that some guests will need to take medication at times and we don't want them to miss their doses while in our care but we do have to follow some guidelines for their health and safety. Please read below:
- No medication will be given to unless it is in its original container with the instructions on the label of the container
- Each pet boarding will need to have their own prescription and not be permitted to split the prescription between another family pet
- No needles will be brought into our hospital for diabetics to be used while boarding, we will use our own.
We feed our guests Hills Prescription Diet Sensitive Stomach while in our care. If your pet eats a special diet, please bring that along. Here are a few guidelines to packing food for boarding:
- Place enough food for each meal in a ziplock bag (If your dog is here for three days and eats twice a day, you will need a total of 6 bags plus an extra bag for cushion).
- Label each bag the day of the week and if it's AM or PM meal
- Don't forget add an extra bag or two for a cushion just in case you extend your pets stay with us!
- Now is a great time to change your pets diet to Hills or Royal Canin. We can wean your pet off of his or her normal brand slowly and on to the above. Both Hills and Royal Canin help pets live healthy and happier lives! www.royalcanin.us/ or www.hillspet.com/
- Try one of these Hill's diets and apply for this mail in rebate www.hillspet.com/pdf/en-us/50percentREBATE-stomach.pdf
We look forward to your pets' stay with us.
If you have any questions or concerns please give us a call at 717-393-9074