At VCA Bering Sea Animal Hospital, we look forward to providing your family with the most up-to-date and current medicine in veterinary care that is possible. We take great pride in educating you on the new and latest. As the days get busier and time flies by, just remember that we will always provide the best and most compassionate care we possibly can.
Local Medical Issues
Spring time is a great time to make your four legged family their very own first aid kit.
Sample first aid kit for your pets should include some or all of these items in a waterproof container.
• Latex (or hypoallergenic) Gloves • Gauze sponges ( a variety of sizes)
• Gauze roll, 2-inch width • Elastic cling bandage
• Material to make a splint (Ask your vet for the best items for your pets size)
• Adhesive tape, hypoallergenic • Non-adherent sterile pads
• Small scissors • Tweezers • Needle-Nose pliers • Magnifying glass
• Grooming Clippers • Nylon leash • Towel, all sizes • Muzzle
• Compact emergency “Blanket” • Water-based sterile lubricant
• Topical antibiotic ointment (Neosporin) • Antiseptic wipes
• Alcohol wipes • Cotton-tipped swabs • Instant cold pack
• Sterile eye lubricant • Sterile saline eye wash • Safety pins (all sizes)
• Tongue depressors • Styptic powder or pencil
• Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline) • Penlight with extra batteries
• Clean cloth • Thermometer • Copy of current shot records
• Plastic Card (old gift card) to scrape away stingers
• List of emergency phone numbers including those for your pet’s veterinarian, ER hospitals and National Animal Poison Control Center (1-888-426-4435)
Please check with your veterinarian for any additional items such as
medications that may be added to your first aid kit.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, feel free to ask any staff member.